1. I understand and agree that these terms will become effective ONLY if Hattis Law PLLC d/b/a Hattis & Lukacs, (“ATTORNEYS”) notifies me via email that they have accepted this application and thus that I have been chosen to be a client.
2. If I am chosen to be a client, ATTORNEYS will represent me for the sole purpose of investigating, and if appropriate in the ATTORNEYS’ opinion, filing an arbitration against Frontier Communications Parent, Inc. and its subsidiaries d/b/a Frontier (collectively, “Frontier”) before the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) to pursue my claims in arbitration concerning my payments of Frontier’s “Internet Infrastructure Surcharge,” “VoIP Administrative Fee,” “Broadcast TV Surcharge,” “Regional Sports Fee,” and/or “Sports/Broadcast TV Fee.” (the “Fees”).
3. I understand that, if I am chosen to be a client, it is possible the AAA may refuse or be unable to hold the arbitration. For example, Frontier may refuse to participate in or pay the required fees for the arbitration. I agree that, if the AAA refuses or is unable to hold the arbitration, then ATTORNEYS may immediately terminate the attorney-client relationship and no longer represent me in any capacity.
4. If I am chosen to be a client and a difference of opinion arises between me and ATTORNEYS on a significant issue, ATTORNEYS shall have the right to withdraw as my counsel of record, and I shall have the right to discharge ATTORNEYS as my individual counsel. I also acknowledge that ATTORNEYS have the right to stop representing me at any time if, in their professional judgment and consistent with their ethical responsibilities, they come to believe that my potential claims are unlikely to result in a recovery.
5. If I am chosen to be a client, I agree that ATTORNEYS may represent, and I consent to ATTORNEYS representing, multiple clients with similar or identical claims against Frontier.
6. ATTORNEYS intend to represent many clients with similar or identical claims against Frontier. At this time, ATTORNEYS know of no conflicts of interest that would have an adverse impact on ATTORNEYS’ representation of you. It is, however, possible that conflicts may arise in the future, including: Frontier offers an aggregate or “lump sum” settlement to all of ATTORNEYS’ clients that does not specify the amount each client will receive; or Frontier offers to settle, but only if a certain percentage, or even all, of ATTORNEYS’ clients accept the proposed settlement. ATTORNEYS also may be required by the applicable rules of professional conduct to share material information about your claims and negotiating position with ATTORNEYS’ other clients with similar claims. While ATTORNEYS will try to avoid these issues if it is practical to do so, they might occur. If you are chosen to be a client and any conflict of interest affecting you does arise, ATTORNEYS will inform you promptly and work with you on how best to proceed in accordance with the applicable rules of professional conduct.
7. If I am chosen to be a client, and my case is resolved via settlement with Frontier BEFORE an arbitration with the AAA has commenced (i.e., before all AAA filing fees have been paid by Frontier and before the arbitrator for my case has been appointed), then I agree that ATTORNEYS will be entitled to a flat attorneys’ fee of $750 out of any recovery from Frontier as payment for having prepared my claim, having made a demand to Frontier, and having negotiated a resolution. In that event, any amount greater than $750 that is recovered from Frontier will be mine to keep. I agree that $750 is a reasonable attorneys’ fee for settlement of my claims prior to an arbitration being commenced, and is reflective of the time, effort, expense and skill ATTORNEYS will put into my case up until that point. I understand that ATTORNEYS’ compensation is not set by law but is negotiable between attorney and client. (Some state laws require us to disclose our regular hourly rates; these rates, which will not be charged to you, range from $200 for junior paralegal staff to $800 for senior partners.)
8. If I am chosen to be a client, and my case is resolved AFTER the arbitration with the AAA has commenced (i.e., after all AAA filing fees have been paid and after the arbitrator has been appointed), I authorize ATTORNEYS to apply to the arbitrator for, or to obtain directly from Frontier, attorneys’ fees and costs separate and distinct from any payment I receive for my claims. In the event that Frontier offers and I accept a settlement of my claims which does not include a separate payment to ATTORNEYS of their reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, I agree that ATTORNEYS will be entitled to compensation for their services in the amount of one-third (33-1/3%) of my monetary recovery under such settlement. I understand that ATTORNEYS’ compensation is not set by law but is negotiable between attorney and client.
9. If I am chosen to be a client, ATTORNEYS are hereby authorized but are not obligated to accept a settlement offer, without further authorization or direction by me, that includes: (1) a payment by Frontier to me equal to or more than the amount of all of the Fees I have paid to Frontier; and (2) a payment by Frontier to ATTORNEYS for attorneys’ fees and costs separate and distinct from any payment I receive for my claims.
10. If I am chosen to be a client, I authorize ATTORNEYS to associate with other attorneys to assist with my potential claims at no additional expense to me.
11. If I am chosen to be a client, I will provide to ATTORNEYS on a timely basis any information or documents reasonably requested by ATTORNEYS and, if necessary, to provide evidence in the arbitration. If I do not timely respond to requests by ATTORNEYS, including for the purpose of a potential settlement, I understand that ATTORNEYS may immediately terminate the attorney-client relationship such that ATTORNEYS would no longer represent me in any capacity.
12. If I am chosen to be a client, I authorize ATTORNEYS to present to Frontier a “Notice of Dispute” document with my digital signature stating: that I have retained ATTORNEYS to represent me with regard to my claims; information necessary to notify Frontier of my claims including my account number, service address and relevant contact information; and that I authorize Frontier to provide to ATTORNEYS my confidential account records if necessary in resolving my claims.
13. I acknowledge that ATTORNEYS have not and will not provide any guarantee about the outcome of my claims.
14. I authorize ATTORNEYS to send me text messages related to this matter to the phone number or numbers I provided in this application to be a client. I represent that I am the subscriber of those numbers and I have the authority to give such consent. (You are not required to provide this authorization for us to represent you. If you do not wish us to communicate with you via text message, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] indicating that you do not wish to receive text messages.)
Frontier Internet and TV Deceptive Fees Arbitration Investigation