Despite continued uncertainty about the future of COVID-19 pandemic, credit union groups are forging ahead with plans for numerous in-person conferences in 2022. Here’s a rundown of what’s been planned so far for the year, in alphabetical order by group name, along with links to conference registration pages when available. CU Times will continue to update this list as we become aware of new information.
The American Credit Union Mortgage Association announced the following in-person events for 2022:
- Deep-Dive Workshop, May 3-4, Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown, Nashville, Tenn.
- Deep-Dive Workshop, June 14-15, the Nines Hotel, Portland, Ore.
- ACUMA Annual Conference, Sept. 18-21, the Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas
Alaska Credit Union League
This state league has scheduled its 46th ACUL Conference & Meeting for May 19-21 in Girdwood, Alaska (location TBD).
Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union
Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union will hold its Credit Union Executive Leadership Symposium, Sept. 7-9 at the Westin River North in Chicago.
The firm’s 2022 Financial Forum will be held Sept. 25-28 at the Ritz Carlton, Bachelor Gulch in Avon, Colo.
The Cooperative Credit Union Association and The Credit Union League of Connecticut continue their collaborative efforts with APEX 2022. The convention-level event will be held Oct. 12 – 14 at the Mohegan Sun Resort* in Uncasville, Conn.
Registration details coming soon.
Association of Credit Union Internal Auditors
ACUIA plans to host its 32nd Annual Conference & One Day Seminar at the Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville, Fla., June 28-July 1.
Association of Vermont Credit Unions
Vermont’s league will host its 75th Annual Meeting & Convention May 20-22 at the Jay Peak Resort in Jay, Vt.
California & Nevada Credit Union Leagues
The leagues’ annual conference, REACH, will be held Nov. 1-4 at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa in Palm Desert, Calif.
Carolinas Credit Union League
The league for credit unions in North and South Carolina will hold the following events in 2022.
Choice Creative Solutions
This wholly-owned CUSO of Community Choice Credit Union ($742 million, Johnston, Iowa), which provides marketing and software solutions for credit unions, will host Credit Union relEVENT 2022 June 26-29 at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
Co-op’s THINK 22 will be held in Chicago May 2-6 at the Sheraton Grand Chicago. On April 6, Co-op revealed that a virtual-only option will also be available, which includes select THINK 22 General Sessions and Studio Interviews.
Cooperative Credit Union Association
The association representing credit unions in Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island has several events on the calendar for 2022:
The league representing credit unions in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas has a number of in-person and virtual events planned for 2022, including:
- CU FinHealth Conference (hosted by the Cornerstone Foundation, National Credit Union Foundation and California & Nevada Credit Union Leagues), April 25-27, San Antonio
- Young Professionals Conference, May 9-12, Frisco, Texas
- INCLUSION: Change Makers, Aug. 30, Houston
- ELEVATE: Credit Union Leadership Summit, Aug. 31-Sept. 3, Houston
CrossState Credit Union Association
The association representing credit unions in New Jersey and Pennsylvania has the following events scheduled for 2022:
- CrossState Convention 2022, May 22-24, the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J.
- Evoke Marketing Conference, July 19-20, virtual
- CrossState Leadership School 2022, Aug. 14-18, The Penn Stater Hotel, State College, Pa.
- Fall Leadership Conference, Sept. 8-10, The Seven Springs Resort, Seven Springs, Pa.
- CU Reality Check, Oct. 24-26, Atlantic City, N.J., location TBD
CU Business Group
CU Intersect Conference
The National Credit Union Information Sharing & Analysis Organization, which is dedicated to improving credit unions’ cyber resilience, will host the CU Intersect Conference in partnership with Pure IT CUSO at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Houston July 18-20.
CU on the Water Experience
Credit union marketing firm EmpowerFI will host the CU on the Water Experience, a collection of workshops, presentations and VIP networking events, on the Venetian Lady Yacht chartered on Miami’s Biscayne Bay from May 2-4.
The professional development association has a number of virtual events on the calendar for 2022, in addition to the following in-person events:
- CEO Institute I: Strategic Planning, April 24-29, The Wharton School, University of Pa., Philadelphia
- TalentNEXT, May 15-17, JW Marriott Austin, Austin, Texas
- CEO Institute III: Strategic Leadership Development, May 15-20, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
- CEO Institute II: Organizational Effectiveness, May 15-20, Samuel Curtis Johnson School of Management, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
- CUES Governance Leadership Institute, June 5-8, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- CUES Execu/Net, Aug. 28-31, Snake River Lodge and Spa, Jackson Hole, Wyo.
- Supervisory Committee Development Seminar, Sept. 19-20, Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Director Development Seminar, Sept. 21-23, Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort, Santa Barbara, Calif.
The trade association will host a total of more than 70 face-to-face conferences, virtual conferences, eSchools and webinars in 2022; a full list can be viewed here.
CUNA Mutual Group
CUNA Mutual Group’s Discovery2022 is slated to be held virtually on Aug. 11.
The Defense Credit Union Council’s Annual Conference will be held at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa in San Antonio Aug. 2-5.
Expand Expo 2022, a training and development event for credit union professionals hosted by Horizon Federal Credit Union ($135 million, Williamsport, Pa.) will take place Sept. 18-22 at Kalahari Resort in Pocono Manor, Pa.
Filene Research Institute
The think tank has the following events on the calendar for 2022:
Great New England Credit Union Show
The Great New England Credit Union Show will be held at Wyndham Newport in Middletown, R.I., on May 19.
Hawaii Credit Union League
Hawaii’s league will host its Annual Convention April 28-30 at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa in Kaanapali, Hawaii.
Healthcare Credit Union Association
The professional association of credit unions that serve health care employees and their families will host the 2022 HCUA Annual Conference Sept. 7-9 at the Grande Colonial Hotel in La Jolla, Calif.
Heartland Credit Union Association
HCUA, which represents credit unions in Kansas and Missouri, has a number of events scheduled for 2022, including:
Illinois Credit Union League
This state league has a number of in-person events planned for 2022, including:
- Credit Union Connect, May 5-6, Oak Brook Hills Resort, Oak Brook, Ill.
- Young Professionals Conference, June 17, Naperville, Ill.
- Women’s Leadership Conference, Aug. 11, The Drake Hotel, Oak Brook, Ill.
- Annual Convention, Nov. 3-5, Sheraton Grand Chicago
Inclusiv’s 2022 Annual Conference will be held at the Fairmont El San Juan Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico May 2-4. All attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates
The association for credit unions in Florida, Alabama and Georgia plans to host its Southeast Credit Union Conference & Expo June 15-17 at the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort in Orlando, Fla.
Lending Solutions Consulting
Lending Solutions Consulting (LSCI), a training and consulting company serving credit unions, will host its Management Institute at the AC Hotel in Nashville May 10-11.
The Metropolitan Area Credit Union Management Association has the following conferences scheduled for this year. MACUMA has pivoted its Lending Mini-Conference from in-person to virtual. According to a March 3 statement, “The health and safety of our members is always our first priority. While the pandemic trends are moving in the right direction, the guidance and feedback received says we’re not quite ready to hold an all-day classroom setting meeting yet.
- 64th Annual Leadership Conference, Sept. 26-29, Hyatt Chesapeake, Cambridge, Md.
Maine Credit Union League
The Maine league’s 2022 Annual Convention is slated for May 13-14 at the Holiday Inn by the Bay in Portland, Maine.
Marketing Association of Credit Unions
The Marketing Association of Credit Unions (MAC) will host its Annual MAC Marketing Conference May 23-26 in Chicago at the Westin Michigan Avenue.
Maryland & D.C. Credit Union Association
The league for Maryland and Washington, D.C. credit unions has several virtual and hybrid events planned for 2022 so far.
Mississippi Credit Union Association
The fintech conference will be an in-person event in Las Vegas at The Venetian|The Palazzo and Sands Expo, Oct. 23-26.
Mountain West Credit Union Association
The association representing credit unions in Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming has scheduled its Annual Meeting & Convention for April 27-29 in Colorado Springs, Colo. (location TBD).
The 2022 NACUSO Network Conference is scheduled for April 25-28 at the Disney Yacht & Beach Club Resort in Orlando, Fla.
NAFCU has the following events on its agenda for 2022:
- CEOs and Senior Executives Conference, May 11-13, Key West, Fla.
- 55th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo, CANCELLED
- Virtual Risk Management Seminar, Aug. 16-18, virtual.
- Congressional Caucus, Sept. 11-14, Washington, D.C.
- Regulatory Compliance & BSA Seminar, Sept. 27-29, Louisville, Ky.
- Management and Leadership Institute, Oct. 17-21, Annapolis, Md.
- Lending Conference, Nov. 8-10, Greenville, S.C.
On Thursday, Feb. 10, NAFCU announced the cancellation of its 55th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo, which was set to take place July 12-15 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
According to a statement from NAFCU, the reason for the cancellation appeared to be due to “event capacity restrictions put in place by the province of Quebec and the Canadian government.”
The statement added, “Registered attendees have been notified of the cancellation via email, which contains additional information on how to transfer conference registrations or obtain a refund, and how to proceed with canceling hotel and flight reservations.”
National Council of Firefighter Credit Unions
The National Council of Firefighter Credit Unions Inc (NCOFCU) will hold its 2022 NCOFCU Conference in New Orleans, La., from Oct. 5-8 at the Royal Sonesta Hotel.
National Credit Union Call Center Conference
Held by the Credit Union Association of New Mexico, the National Credit Union Call Center Conference will take place Oct. 24-26 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
National Credit Union Foundation
The CU FinHealth 22 conference is scheduled for April 25-27 in San Antonio at the Hyatt Regency Hill County Resort and Spa.
National Credit Union Management Association
NCUMA is planning the following conferences for 2022:
- Spring Conference, May 28-June 1, The Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, Fla.
- Summer Conference, July 9-13, The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Fall Conference, Sept. 3-7, The Park Hyatt Resort, Beaver Creek, Colo.
- Hawaii Conference, Nov. 11-16, The Grand Hyatt, Kauai, Hawaii.
Northwest Credit Union Association
The league representing credit unions in Oregon, Washington and Idaho will hold its annual convention, MAXX, at the Spokane Convention Center in Spokane, Wash., Oct. 25-27.
Origence, a CU Direct company, will host its Lending Tech Live Conference on July 25-27 at the Gaylord Rockies in Aurora, Colo.
PSCU will host its 2022 Member Forum at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, April 26-28 with in-person or virtual options.
Credit union software provider Sharetec will hold its 2022 Sharetec Users Conference Sept. 25-28 at the Hilton Downtown Nashville in Nashville, Tenn.
Lending technology CUSO Sync1 Systems will host Lendtopia 2022 from Sept. 28-30 at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions in Round Rock, Texas.
Trellance, a provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, will host its 2022 Annual Conference May 17-20 at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street in Tampa, Fla.
Triverity & The Loan Service Center
TriVerity & The Loan Service Center, PSCU Companies, providers of delinquency management services for credit unions, will host their 10th Annual Collection Academy at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Bloomington, Minn., from Oct. 4-5.
Presented by founding sponsors Curql Collective and CUNA Strategic Services, VentureTech 2022, a fintech showcase for the credit union industry that brings together fintech firms, credit unions, CUSOs, venture capitalists and other credit union industry players, will be held Nov. 7-9 at the Omni Frisco Hotel in Frisco, Texas.
Virginia Credit Union League
The Virginia league will host the following in-person conferences in 2022:
- CONNECT (for emerging professionals): June 21-23, Hilton Richmond Downtown, Richmond, Va.
- East Coast Marketing Conference: Sept. 14-16, Hilton Garden Inn, Virginia Beach, Va.
- CEO Summit (for large credit unions): Sept. 28-30, Boars Head Resort, Charlottesville, Va.
- CEO Forum (for small and mid-sized credit unions): Oct. 18, The Place, Richmond, Va.
Wisconsin Credit Union League
World Council of Credit Unions
WOCCU is planning to co-host its World Credit Union Conference with the Association of British Credit Unions Limited July 17-20 in Glasgow, Scotland.
If you have new or updated information to share about a credit union industry event in 2022, please send it to Natasha Chilingerian at [email protected].